jueves, 18 de octubre de 2018

2 BACH. LEARNING WITH SONGS


Yesterday  I heard that Spanish scientists had managed to cure a few patients of AIDS by transplanting stem cells. I though: what an extraordinary piece of news!.  And my mind went to some of those who died too soon such as Freddy Mercury.
It was my plan to include a song every week so you could have a look at the lyrics, listen, practise pronunciation and sing during the weekend. I am not sure that will happen every single week but let’s do it as often as possible.
Going over Freddy Mercury’s biography I was happy to discover that Feltham was our first destination in London. I only spent a couple of weeks there but kept going back for years as I had great friends living there. I also read about his former girlfriend Mary Austin, who, by the way, inherited his magnificent house in Kensington and a fortune.  And it took me to newspaper articles like the interview with his mother 20 years after his death. She has been to WE WILL ROCK YOU the musical 6 times, I may have been even more as I have taken  my students to that musical as first opiton for years . Well, that is the idea. If you are curious about something: read, explore,  enjoy and you will be learning.

  • In the  part of the song bellow he missed some words. Can you find more apart from the underlined?
  • Find a synonym for tremble and pain.
  • Phonetics. Find the word with a different sound:  face  aching  away  agai
  • What does he regret in the last line, why is he using past perfect?

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

A NARRATIVE. 1 BAC

We will be reading a few examples of narrative essays from Student's and workbook. Have a look at the one below too. Pay careful attenti...