miércoles, 23 de junio de 2021

Does it ring a bell?

Tonight we won't have bonfires around but I have already collected and prepared  my "St John's plants" so that I can wash my face in the morning. According to tradition it helps to keep the evil away. Not sure about that extent but it is really refreshing to wash your face with the perfume of the aromatic plants as soon as you get up. My mother-in-law says they used to even wash their hair with it. I am sure you have heard of it. Have you got yours ready and waiting for the morning dew?



Read about the tradition of the day in Ireland. Does it ring a bell?

June 23rd, is St. John’s Eve, or as it is known in many parts of Ireland, Bonfire Night.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

A NARRATIVE. 1 BAC

We will be reading a few examples of narrative essays from Student's and workbook. Have a look at the one below too. Pay careful attenti...