lunes, 27 de abril de 2020

Crosswalk the musical: Les Mis

I just love James Corden! I am not a follower of his late night show but I think some of his Carpool karaoke shows are amazing, being Adele's and Paul McCartney's two of my favorite ones. You may find  Elton Jonh's ( if you saw Rocket man, you will know who  I am talking about...) entertaining as well, but there are many others for you to watch.
It took me some time to find out about another of his shows: Crosswalk the musical.
James Corden and his theatre company act out some scenes from very well known musicals at crosswalks in different cities in USA and Europe.
I  have been fond of musicals since the first time I set foot in London, back in 1985. I remember  finding out about the number of years  "Cats" had been running and I couldn't believe it, 25 I was told back then. Since 2006 Les Misérables has become the world's longest-running musical, which has been seen by over 70 million people in more than 50 countries. The musical premiered in 1985 can still be seen ( well, you will have to wait till the quarantine finishes) at Queen's theatre in London.
Among all the musicals James Corden has chosen to perform, this is by far, my favourite. I have such a good time watching it  that I forgive him  for the mistake about the historical background of Victor Hugo's novel. It is not exactly about The French revolution (1789) but he Paris uprising (1832). Anyway... he is great!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


One of the segments from the film, in case you feel like comparing. 

Some questions about the post coming up soon

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

A NARRATIVE. 1 BAC

We will be reading a few examples of narrative essays from Student's and workbook. Have a look at the one below too. Pay careful attenti...