martes, 12 de noviembre de 2019

She has also climbed Mount Everest. 9 times!!! and set a world record.

2 ESO BILINGUAL
At the weekend when I have some time and read international press I find articles that could be interesting, inspiring, moving for you.  Sometimes I upload them even with the certainty they are not going to be read. Other times we do use them in class.  In this case I had decided to leave it aside but reading one of the texts in class about the teenager who had reached the top of Mount Everest I remembered LHAKPA SHERPA: an inspiring woman who has achieved a world record but needs her job washing dishes to make a living.
It is surely too difficult for some of you, but you can give it a try.

lhakpa-sherpa-climbed-nine-times-world-record
Lhakpa Sherpa in Talcott Mountain State Park in Simsbury, Connecticut, where she hikes to prepare for her 10th summit of Everest in the spring of 2020.
Photograph: Kayana Szymczak/The Guardian
I was moved by her words at the end of the article. 

“I would like to hide in the mountain,” Lhakpa confesses on our descent, aware of her humble circumstances. “But I have to show my face here.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

A NARRATIVE. 1 BAC

We will be reading a few examples of narrative essays from Student's and workbook. Have a look at the one below too. Pay careful attenti...