lunes, 14 de octubre de 2019

Women Writers Day

Did you know there was a day in Spain to celebrate Women writers? 
Did you know it is today?
Well, I didn't. I learnt it this afternoon  while I was listening to  "relatos en cadena",  a programme on the radio (Cadena Ser) where you  can send  your micro-stories and the best of the week are read and one is chosen out of three.

The Women Writers Day is a commemoration which began in 2016 in Spain to make the work of women in literature visible and combat the discrimination they have suffered throughout history. 
https://diadelasescritoras.bne.es/

This reminded me  one of the projects I would like you to develop this academical year: 
Find out about women who have used  a pseudonym to see their pieces of work published.
And I can't avoid thinking of the Brontë sisters. But there are so many examples!!!
Can you think of any?
How do you feel about doing some research about it? 


Branwell Brontë’s ‘pillar portrait’ of the sisters (from left, Anne, Emily and Charlotte)
 Photograph: National Portrait Gallery



In case you are interested in the radio programme I have mentioned and maybe  even send your micro-story to enter the competition:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

Clothes. accessories 1st ESO. Unit 6

CLOTHES THINGS YOU WEAR 2