domingo, 5 de junio de 2016

OPININON ESSAY. WRITERS ON BREXIT

10 writers and thinkers are writing letters to Great Britain before the referendum to decide whether they stay or leave the European Community giving their opinion about the issue.
Choose a couple of them and see if you understand the message.

Javier Marías

Spain


Dear Britain,
As Spaniards born under the Franco dictatorship (especially those of us who belonged to families on the losing side of the civil war) we were always aware that we might one day have to leave our country and go into exile. Whenever I imagined this possibility, my chosen destination was never France or Italy or some Latin American country, but Britain. This was perhaps because, early on, I acquired a reasonably good knowledge of English, but it was doubtless also because I had read so much British literature and seen so many British films that Britain seemed to me a familiar place and as undeniably European as my home town of Madrid. Indeed, I partly owe my vocation as a writer to...click to go on reading 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

Clothes. accessories 1st ESO. Unit 6

CLOTHES THINGS YOU WEAR 2